In Episode #19, the Pavement Pounders discuss the Philip K. Dick short story “We Can Remember it For You Wholesale” and the two films (1990 and 2012) titled Total Recall adapted from it.
The virtue of blood squibs discussed! The tri-mammary problem under consideration! Many too many Ahhnold impressions done! See you at the paaaahty!
- 1990 film
- 2012 film
- Thanks to Megan, Lisa, and Malc for contributing to the conversation on Facebook!
- “We Can Remember it For You Wholesale” PDF: http://www.english.upenn.edu/~cavitch/pdf-library/Dick_Wholesale.pdf
- Audio-drama of the story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBOBObhbbqU
- 10 Amazing Things You Didn’t Know About TOTAL RECALL: http://www.thegeektwins.com/2013/11/10-amazing-things-you-didnt-know-about.html#.VO5vzi5Mcmc
- Book and movie(s) compared: https://litreactor.com/columns/book-vs-film-total-recallwe-can-remember-it-for-you-wholesale
- Scientists produce false memories in mice: http://www.insidescience.org/content/scientists-produce-false-memories-mice/1278
- Guardian article on the Bugs Bunny memory problem: http://www.theguardian.com/science/2003/dec/04/science.research1
- Worst Movie Remakes!: http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/worst-movie-remakes
- “Rollerball Murder”: http://instruct.uwo.ca/kinesiology/378/files/essays/roller.pdf